Temerature

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Temerature
From: Gene Fodor <crownwhl@sover.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 13:24:21 -0400
Greeting all...my '53 TD's temperature seems to be controlled by the
ambient temperature, the OAT.  That is to say if it is really hot out,
the engine will run hot, 90C. If it is cool it will run cool, 75C. In
parades, it can easily get up to 95C +.  If that happens I increase the
RPM and that helps some.
I run 50/50 water/Prestone.
Going up the mountain it may get to 90C on a cool day but coming down it
can easily got down to 65C. On a normal day driving in Vermont it hovers
about 80C - 85C. I checked the temperature with a labratory thermometer
and it gage is accurate. I have had no boilovers - yet.
At a car show a few years back, I  remember a TC coming in after a long
drive and having stopped at the registration booth, boiled over and
could not restart until it cooled down.
I guess it is the nature of the beast.
Cheers and remember drive your British car week - last week of May into
the first weekend of June.
Cheers
Gene, Vermont