Re: Gunson Colortune 500

To: mg <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gunson Colortune 500
From: Charles Hill <candahill@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 13:31:36 -0600
As for which cylinders to check with the colortune, anyone have a copy
of the new TSO CD?  I recall reading several years ago an article about
induction on the XPAG head.  If I remember correctly, cylinders  1 and 4
are naturally going to be richer than 2 and 3 due to the siamesed intake
ports and the firing order of a 4-cylinder engine (1-3-4-2).  Someone
can check for the article and see if I'm correct and explain further.
How this effects how you use the Colortune would depend on whether you
were concerned with too rich or too lean.  I personally would be more
concerned with too lean.  The consequences of too lean are more severe
than too rich.  I  would therefore check cylinders 2 and 3. But this is
only theory as I don't have a colortune.

Regards,
Charles Hill