Re: Gunson Colortune 500

To: Ted Jackson <ted@the-jacksons.net>
Subject: Re: Gunson Colortune 500
From: Dave & Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 10:26:32 -0800
Peter,

"I thought it interesting that Dave Dubois said to use cylinders 1 and
4, I would have
used 2 and 3, but I'll have to think that out. Come to think of it, I
can try both ways and see if there's any difference. (Any particular
reason to use the ouside cylinders, Dave?)"

I have wondered that myself from time to time.  I believe that something
I read somewhere or someone who was demonstrating the product at one
time said to use cylinders 1 & 4, so that is what I have always used
(perhaps like the new bride, whose husband asked why she cut off both
ends of the roast before placing it in the pan.  The story goes that her
mother always did it because her mother always did it, etc.  When
grandma was asked why it was done, she replied "because my roasting pan
was too short").  If there is a better reason to use cylinders 2 & 3,
I'm open to make a change.

Cheers,
Dave