Re: radiator cover

To: "mg-t" <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>, "mgs" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: radiator cover
From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:53:20 -0500
How do modern cars regulate their temperature so well? They still have
mechanical thermostats. Are the new thermostats that much better? The cars
with digital readouts show they're holding the temperature to within a
couple degrees no matter how cold or hot it is.

    My MGB -   Above 70F, stays right on the N no matter how hot it is.
                         Below 70F, never makes it to N without cardboard.

    My TD-        Doesn't overheat, but it seems like the ambient
temperature (and hills) are controlling                             the
temperature, not the thermostat.

Both cars have new thermostats (TD has Moss replacement unit).

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Cars:       52 MGTD - #17639
               71 MGB - #GHN5UB254361