Re: radiator cover

To: mg-t <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: radiator cover
From: Charles Hill <candahill@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 11:08:46 -0600
Ron,

Morgans do have some cooling deficiencies,  but high pressure under the
fenders is not one of them.  The first problem is the lack of ducting in
the cowl to the radiator.  Much of the air entering the grille goes
around the radiator instead of through it.  Flat rad Morgans weren't
known for cooling problems.  As a bit of MG/Morgan trivia, Morgan
switched to the cowled radiator when Lucas stopped providing the
separate bucket headlights.  And the reason Lucas stopped providing
bucket headlights was because the last major model using them was
discontinued and it was not economical to continue producing the small
quantities that Morgan required.  And that model was the MG TD.

Another cooling probem with Morgans is the louvers on the hood.  They go
too far back.  The last 8 or so are actually in a high pressure area due
to the windshield.  You actually get better cooling in a Morgan by
blocking off these louvers.

Regards,
Charles Hill
'49 TC & '64 Morgan