Tach reduction "gearbox" (52 TD)

To: <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tach reduction "gearbox" (52 TD)
From: "James Fischer" <jfischer@supercollider.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:11:53 -0500
Dad's 1952 TD needs a working tach, and the tach
reduction "gearbox" (Moss #360-010) is the problem.

I'm clueless on this, but I have been given marching
orders by Mom, who wants to "fix it or replace it as
a Christmas present for my Dad.

a) Anyone have a working one for sale? Mom can't
   afford Moss's price.

b) Anyone know any rebuilders of these things?

c) Has anyone ever rebuilt one themselves?

I've never even tried to take it apart, as I have
never seen a cut-away view or an exploded diagram
of what the insides are supposed to look like.

But how tough could it be?  Let me guess - a simple
pair of gears, likely acquired from Latvian Army surplus,
and thus not conforming to gear sizes or ratios available
anywhere else since.

Maybe one of the gears is the one that always "strips", and
that gear IS available somewhere?

And yeah... the CD sounds like a great gift too.
Can is be used on an iMac using OSX 9.x, or do I have
to get him a Winodze PC to go with the CD?

              james fischer