RE: Generator

To: "'Larry Swift'" <mgtd51@adelphia.net>, "'mgt'" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Generator
From: "Jesús V. Benajes" <jbenajes@mot.upv.es>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:29:47 +0200
I did the job and the inner race has indeed a very tight fit.

I used a hydraulic press to force the shaft out of the bearing, and to
install the bearing plate again with the new bearing.

Maybe an extractor with three legs would do the job, too. Or you can try to
cut the race with a hacksaw or an angle grinder.

But in any case, you should plan how to install the new bearing, which
probably will have the same tight fit.

Good luck!

Jesus
53 TD