Re: Alignment Specs

To: gunnellj@krause.com
Subject: Re: Alignment Specs
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:04:18 -0400
Hi John,
   MG called for 1/8"  toe-in. No other specs, since there aren't any
designed adjustments in the TDs. There are no caster or camber
adjustments to be made, only the toe-in.
  The shop should be able to convert 1/8" into degrees for their machine.
 Be sure that they center the steering wheel during adjustments, as there
is only one key to locate it on the shaft (no radial adjustment on the
splines). Some shops promote 4-wheel alignment. It's a way to check that
the car is square, if you have any doubts.  One shop offered it to me for
free, since there were no caster or camber adjustments to abosorb time,
so I took the offer. The fellow said that the TD was the most evenly
square car he had ever had on the rack.  Didn't mean much to me then, or
now, but it sounded good.
  Many use 1/16 " toe in for radial tires.
Bob