Re: Spark Plug Non-Fouler

To: simbafish@comcast.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spark Plug Non-Fouler
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:30:07 EDT
In a message dated 9/18/03 06:05:21 Pacific Daylight Time,
simbafish@comcast.net writes:

<< Has anyone had experience with these and are they useful for the XPAG? The
 plugs in my 51 TD do not foul badly when putting around town, but I do
 experience a noticeable difference when I clean the plugs and start off
 again. I am always interested in ways to improve the performance if it's not
 detrimental to the mechanics or longevity of the engine. >>

Stu, I bought some of these recently at a local parts store but not for their
intended use!  I used them to pull the head on my Alfa....another story
altogether, I could not find a nut with the thread size of a spark plug.  The
non-fouler is just a spacer which puts the plug end well away from the
combustion
chamber.  Last resort kind of thing and if anything would degrade
performance......I would not recommend it on your TD, better to fix the source
of plug
fouling.

Bosch make some anti fouling plugs......try those.

Cheers
Terry in Oakland