Re: Additional Lighting

To: "Nels Anderson" <nels@flightsim.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Additional Lighting
From: "Andrew Moyce, M.D." <amoyce@pol.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 13:14:21 -0700
Great question!  I added a pair of halogen lights to my badge bar with the
plan to run them as day lights for additional safety.  I ended up running
down the battery.  I then tried to convert to an alternator, which I bought
from Gerry Felper.  I got pretty far along in that project before
discovering that it would not work for a positive ground system.  Since I
had already transistorized my clock and fuel pump I wasn't willing to switch
over to negative ground.  Finally, I tried tweaking the voltage regulator to
increase generator output, which after several weeks fried my battery.  I'm
still in the relative dark, and frustrated by the project.  I'd be happy to
know what others have done to solve this problem.

Andy Moyce
52 TD