Re: regulator driving me crazy

To: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: regulator driving me crazy
From: Gerald Felper <felperg@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:42:43 -0700
Mike
The car will not run without the battery unless the generator is putting
out enough to support the current draw. This would take at least 1500
RPM. Generators do not supply current at low RPMs. Alternators do. The
regulator open connect shouls close when the generator is putting out
12.7 to 13.3VDC. The closed contact, regulator, should open at 15.5VDC
at 750F.
Jerry