Re: [MG-MGB] Tightness in 1st Gear - Warm Engine

To: <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [MG-MGB] Tightness in 1st Gear - Warm Engine
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:11:12 -0000
I finally got around to trying some heavier oil in the tranny, Red Line
75W140NS. No problem shifting into first on a six hour drive in mid 80s
temperature. I don't know why, but this heavier oil really helped.

Here's an interesting quote from the back of the bottle "Also, certain
transmissions which have notchy shifting especially when warm may benefit
from the 75W140NS."

BTW: Shadetree Motors carries this oil.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com