RE: 45mm Core Plugs

To: "Bud Krueger" <budkrueger@earthlink.net>, "mg-t"
Subject: RE: 45mm Core Plugs
From: "Robert Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 09:32:06 -0300
I have 45 mm core plugs to suit the cam bearing. Also have correct size 35
mm small and 48 mm large core plugs for the water core plugs in the block.
American inch 1 3/8" core plugs work OK for the 35 mm.  However 1 7/8" plugs
are really too small to suit the 48 mm size.
Regards, Bob Grunau

Does anybody out there in T-land have a source for 45 mm core plugs as
needed
for the camshaft hole?  The ones coming from some vendors are only 44.5 mm.
Last time I redid the engine I was able to get a 45 mm plug from a Volvo
dealer,
but not this time.  TIA.

Bud Krueger
52TD (engine in kit form)