FW: 45mm Core Plugs

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: 45mm Core Plugs
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:05:30 -0500
Bud,

I believe if you measure the hole the core plug is meant to fill you
will find that it is slightly larger than the plug itself. The reason
for this is that it is meant to flatten and expand in diameter when you
whack it to seat it.

I go to any of the larger auto parts stores and ask for inch-sized
plugs. Many such stores carry the Dorman brand which are usually in the
large orange metal cabinets.

I believe I last used 1-7/8". Once sealed and driven home in the
blockit's a perfect fit.

Regards,
Lew Palmer

Volvo