TD Fuses

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Fuses
From: Gordon Wright <newlodge@katel.net.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:14:54 +0800
I have just completed a full restoration of a 1952 TD , to protect the
ignition and light circuits I replaced the Panel Light Reostat switch with
a Marine Fuse, the type that has a screw cap on one end to remove the fuse
, and electrical connections on the other end. This was wired into the
system before the ignition / light switch (pick up the  live wire from the
starter switch). I could see no reason to dim panel lights that are already
dim. If you need to display your car then the cap on the marine fuse can be
gently broken off and the dimmer switch knob drilled out slightly to fit
over the metal piece of the marine fuse holder. No judge will ever know
that the switch is not in behind the dash. This makes fuse changing so
simple and gives a bit of security too, take the fuse out when you park the
car & it will not start.
If other circiuts are to be fused, just use more marine fuses and pass them
through the glovebox wall, neat and out of sight. If you are running with
the underdash panel in place then fuses under the dash are not easy to get at.
Gordon Wright
Katanning
Western Australia