TD Fuses

To: MG-T List <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD Fuses
From: Bill Loubiere <loubiere@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 06:13:58 -0600
The TD has fuses protecting the horn, stop lights, wipers, fuel warning and
flasher circuits (if you have them).  The rest of the wiring is not
protected.  A short will cause wire burning or worst.

While changing my ignition switch, I saw a way to pick up the parking
lights, fog, dash and tail lights fairly easily.  It involves the "T"
terminal on the ignition/light switch.  There is normally 4 wires hooked to
it.  It is a PITA to get all the wires installed.

One can install just one wire feeding a remote fuse box mounted under the
dash and out of site.  Then attach the four wires to the box.

You still won't have protection on the head lights, power to ignition switch
and ignition circuit (coil/fuel pump).  They would have to be handled in
another manner.

I have a JPG picture of the wiring diagram with this modification.  Let me
know if you are interested and I will EMail it to you.

Bill Loubiere