MG TD Thermostat

To: mg-t <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG TD Thermostat
From: Brian Smith <btsmith@island.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 21:06:13 -0800
I have recently purchased a good used thermostat housing for my TD to
replace the thoroughly bodged one that came with the car. Unfortunately
neither one of them came with a thermostat installed and the shop manual
doesn't show how a thermostat should fit. Can anyone out there provide
me with details?

The housing still has the bar attached on the inside near the "top"
where the hose attaches and is in great shape other than no thermostat.
Any recommendations as to where it fits inside and what type to fit?

Thanks in advance.
Brian