Re: hey all

To: Walter Thomson <dynamike1@earthlink.net>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hey all
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:25:50 -0400
Hi mike and welcome to a very exclusive club, MG-T lovers.

What part of the country (assuming you're in the USA) are you located in?

1. First advice is to find the local MG car club and join.

2. Next is to find and buy the service and parts manual and start studying
them.

3. Get the Abingdon Spares catalog. It's a couple of bucks well spent since
the parts illustrations are so good that you can actually do some assembly
from them. There are other good suppliers as well. You'll get to know them! ;-)

4. Inventory everything to see what you have and what you need.

5. Take small steps. Getting the body on the car is a major operation, be
prepared to spend a LONG time on this to ensure that the doors fit
properly. Make sure the wood frame is good. Bad wood can be replaced easily
at this stage, much tougher when the car is together.

6. Some folks have done really good jobs at documenting their restoration
work and putting their pictures and restoration history on the web. I know
of a couple of good sites that show Jaguars and Triumphs but I don't know
of an MG-T series site. Maybe someone on the list can help.

Good luck!

Dick Dell
'54 MGTF 1250 rhd
Raleigh NC