Brakes

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>, <mg-tabc@egroups.com>
Subject: Brakes
From: "Ray McCrary" <spook01@home.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 18:58:37 -0500
Well, time to do the hydraulic boogie and get some silicone in the brake
lines to replace that nasty dot 4 that is eating my seals..!
But first a word from all of you, please.
Who has the best prices, quality, availability for brake parts?
Which brake material is best with the stock steel drums, and which are
better with the cast iron drums?  Have any of you used the repro aluminum
finned drums? Are they iron or steel?
Have any of you used Abingdon Spares HD iron drums?
When you reply, please include where you got the drums...I am sticking with
the steel for now, since I have enough on my plate with electric's and the
search for the originals thereof, but I will upgrade at the first
opportunity.
Speaking of which, thanks for the info on the Whitworth Shop.  I got their
catalog, and decided the best thing to do was to take out the entire dash
this winter and send it to them to make perfect!
Good thing this is a hobby!!
I figure that at this rate it will be a year before I can get a J type.....!
Best,
Ray McCrary
"Speed is Life;
of course Luck and Altitude