Re: Timing the Pertronix ignition

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing the Pertronix ignition
From: Andrew Moyce <amoyce@pol.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 20:19:02 -0400 (EDT)
I'm still having some minor timing problems with the Pertronix. I
haven't been able to static time, using either light off or light on
  as an end point, so have to resort to timing light. The problem,
I've been told, is that above 6 or 700 rpm the spring weights come
  into play, so the setting will be a little retarded.
  I currently have it set (idling at about 800) at a few minutes
before 11 o'clock . . . assuming TDC is 12 o'clock. Runs okay, but
  I'm getting gear lever rattle on acceleration. The rattle wasn't
there when I had the timing set closer to 11:15 or 11:30. Should I

  Andy Moyce
  52 TD