Re: Timing the Pertronix ignition

To: "Andrew Moyce" <amoyce@pol.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing the Pertronix ignition
From: "Ray McCrary" <spook01@home.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 22:13:15 -0500
Why not just adjust the timing so that total crank degrees of timing is
achieved, and let the idle timing take care of itself?
By this I mean that you know that it takes a total of, say, 32 degrees total
(crank) advance at 3000 rpm to achieve maximum performance.  You set the
distributor to give 32 degrees at 3000 rpm, and let the timing at idle fall
where it will.
BTW, the 32 degrees is just an arbitrary figure that I have used on other
engines; you will have to determine total advance on the MG distributor from
a Lucas manual or other info source.
Best,
Ray McCrary
"Speed is Life;