Re: [mg-tabc] XPAG Crankshaft

To: mg-tabc@egroups.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] XPAG Crankshaft
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:00:57 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Bob,

Depends on what "street use" means to you.  The last time I saw you drive
a T-Type on the street was probably 20 years ago, and the details have
leaked out of my brain.  If you're a relatively sedate driver who doesn't
put a lot of mileage on the car, the NOS crank should do fine.

We know the NOS crank can be welded at the scroll (lots of recent
discussion about that here), and I know it can be Tufftrided (but not
nitrided).  I suspect Moss' 4340 crank can also be welded, and I'm pretty
sure it can be nitrided (which might be a better choice than Tufftriding).
You should probably try to get advice and more detailed specs from Moss on
that.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E