Bug sprayer brake bleeder

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Bug sprayer brake bleeder
From: "Bill Traill" <bill@clovermachine.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:12:48 -0700
A couple years ago I saw a great idea in Military Vehicles
Magazine for bleeding brakes.  Get a quart or 1/2 gallon pump-up
(hudson type) bug sprayer at your local hardware store and plumb
it, with shut-off valve,  to a spare master cylinder cover. Place a
quart of your favorite brake brew into the sprayer tank, a couple
pumps, and then just go around the vehicle opening the bleed
valves.  No pumping the pedal, and lots of volume.  I would suggest
that on TC's, keep the pressure low, as the reservoir is just a tin
can.

A flat plate, rubber gasket and u-bolts are suggested for modern
pressed steel type master cylinder covers if a spare can not be
found (dual resevoirs... two inlets?).

The author recommended bleeding brakes every year or two as
conventional  (DOT 3 ?) fluid will absorb water from the air.

Bill

Bill