RE: TD brake bleeding

To: <stritle@epix.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TD brake bleeding
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 15:31:35 -0500
It's the best way I've ever used. Make sure of a couple of things, however:

1) That the master cylinder is full enough. By the time you have fresh clean
fluid being sucked through the system, there is a likelihood that the master
cylinder will be dry again. Then you'll have to start all over.

2) The bleed nipples on my brake cylinders tend to be loose in their
threads, so air is easily drawn into the vacuum pump and also leaks back
into the brake cylinder. I use a smear of brake grease or silicon grease
around the bleed nipple threads to help seal out the air.

Regards,
Lew Palmer