Stuck Valve on TD

To: "INTERNET:BobMGT@aol.com" <BobMGT@aol.com>
Subject: Stuck Valve on TD
From: PMS GB Ltd <100070.740@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 03:40:25 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:BobMGT@aol.com
>Is this a big problem or just a normal thing with a recently rebuilt
engine?<

No - not normal and the head should go back to the rebuilder as the
clearances are possibly too tight, or there's a burr or dent on the
valve/guide thats catching and the valve stem might be scratched allowing
oil seepage (now or developing later), or there's a high spot which will
overheat and possibly cause the valve stem to fail.

Having said all that - and this is not good technical advice!!! - many
times if a valve sticks when new and frees again it will just work its way
in and be OK.  But there's no guarantee - take it back to your rebuilder!
You've paid your money for a rebuild and this should not happen if it was
done correctly.

If I'd done this head and it happened to a customer of mine (God forbid!)
I'd want him to bring it back to me to be inspected and fixed

Clive Sherriff
Oxford UK