Re: Stuck Valve on TD

To: BobMGT@aol.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stuck Valve on TD
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 00:50:01 EDT
In a message dated 6/6/00 9:42:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time, BobMGT@aol.com
writes:

<< I just did a partial rebuild on my XPAG. I had the cylinder head done by a
 professional British car mechanic, new everything on the head plus hardened
 valve seats. I ran the engine in the garage yesterday for an hour between
 1500 and 2000 rpm. All was well. Today I took it out for a very mild drive
 around the neighborhood. A couple blocks from home the number two exhaust
 valve stuck. It eventually popped back out and I made it home. Is this a big
 problem or just a normal thing with a recently rebuilt engine? >>

Bob, what kind of valve guides? Bronze?? If so, they need an extra thou or so
to keep from sticking.
Terry