XPAG rod journals.

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: XPAG rod journals.
From: "david.tinker" <david.tinker@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 19:54:58 +0100
I am re-assembling my TF engine following a rebore & crank regrind, and I
have a couple of tight bigends. As I understand it the standard journal size
was 45 mm dia or 1.772 dia inch in old money. Mine is now on max regrind
ie -.050". or 1.722"dia. The diametral clearance between journal and shell
should be .0005" to .002". Can someone tell me whether the required
clearance is provided on the journal or the shells?.

The bores of the two rods in question were out of round but I have had those
rectified. I am still in the process of checking everything dimensionally
and tomorrow I will pull offending rods out (again) and check that the
engine man has sized them correctly.

Finally ,is it possible to get a thick walled shell once in a while?

Regards

David Tinker.