RE: rear axle nuts, clutch and pedal shaft

To: "'Francis Precht'" <fprecht@mail.frostburg.edu>
Subject: RE: rear axle nuts, clutch and pedal shaft
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:36:34 -0700
MY QUESTIONS: 1) There is a small hole on the end of the pedal
shaft,
but apparently RHD cars didn't have a greaser.  Is this correct
?  How
is the pedal shaft kept lubbed ?  I know that the shaft doesn't
rotate
like LHD cars, but how is the darn thing lubbed ?

Section P4, item 6, page P5, of the 1955 edition of the TD/TF
Workshop manual says "Foot pedal shaft... (left-had-drive models
only).

But, the hole intrigues me. Could it just be a center drilling to
allow turning of the part on a lathe?

If the RHD cars have a removable cover over the Clutch and Brake
linkage, just remove it and squirt in some oil.