Re: Geez and Windows XP

To: "Geez list" <geez@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Geez and Windows XP
From: <gduncan2@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:09:23 -0700
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: lgzWilsons
  To: gduncan2@comcast.net
  Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2003 9:18 PM

  Yea, what Jeff said about the older dongle.  :)

  Some other things to check.

  Try a power down, not just a re-boot.
    Make sure the dongle is attached to the parallel port before powering up.

  I did try that on one of the last attempts to no avail.

  While the directions on the web site tell you to make a new folder called
  geez/key, I have my keysetup.exe in my Geez folder.  So you might try
moving
  the keysetup.exe file to the Geez folder.

  I'll give that a try next.

  You say it's a new XP machine.  Can you test the parallel port with a
  printer to insure it's working?

  I've had the new computor for about a month now and the
  parallel port printer has been working just fine. I had the printer
  port going to an A/B switch with the printer on A and the dongle
  on B because of a prom reader/writer I had used on the old Win98
  computer. I ended up having to unplug the A/B switch and plug
  the prom reader/writer directly into the parallel port for it to work.
  But all worked fine set up that way.
  On the new computer I still used the printer through the A/B
  switch expecting to be able to just switch to B for the dongle
  when useing the Geez program like before. I have disconected
  all that and pluged the dongle directly into the parallel port on the
  computor, the printer works fine but the dongle still isn't recognized
  yet.

  Greg