Re: [Roadsters] 1600 tuning issues

To: Roy Haslett <hrhaslett@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 1600 tuning issues
From: Graeme Suckling <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 09:29:01 +1030
Cc: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Spark should be a real crack and bright blue.
The timing light can be connected anywhere in the HT circuit [High
Tension] and the other end of the light can be either earthed [grounded]
or connected to the next point in the circuit.
e.g. lift a plug lead and the TL connects between the plug and the lead,
lift the centre cap lead and connect the TL between the cap terminal and
the lead etc.
Grounding the TL will render the HT circuit incomplete from the engine's
point of view whereas putting the TL in series with the components will
allow the engine to continue running, if it has no other issues :-(

Regards,
Graeme Suckling
http://tinyurl.com/6n5aza
Adelaide