Re: [Roadsters] Holiday Gift Ideas

Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Holiday Gift Ideas
From: Stan Wilkins <ragtopman1601@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 18:38:04 -0700
Cc: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
I may have started something here that I didn't mean to.  I know that
anything is worth what someone is willing to pay.  But in general things
have a basic value depending on the current market. I remember all too
well the XK140 for $400.00 that I passed on because it wouldn't start.
How much is it worth today?  The Healey 100/6 that an Airman at Luke AFB
had for sale for $800.  He was being transferred and needed to sell
NOW.  That same car today is way more than $800.  Truth is that I had
many opportunities in my youth but in those days I weighed too much to
fit in a typical sports car.  I'm down to 196 lbs and think I could fit
in one now. Of course I'm way older so getting out may still be a
challenge; but it's a challenge I'm dying to meet.  Anyway, I see
runners in the Datsun realm that are less expensive than the typical MGB
unless I'm willing to get a rubber bumper model.  Nothing against them
but I personally would prefer a chrome bumper Datsun.

Stan, thinking about the possibilities.