Re: [Roadsters] Info: Replace gasket between head and engine block. What

To: "Charles Vanderburg" <maltamayor@windstream.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Info: Replace gasket between head and engine block. What, how, major? Not a job for old fart?
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 20:52:01 -0600
Charles,

How did you determine that you have a head gasket leak?

Replacing the head gasket on a U20 is time consuming, but do-able even for
an old fart.  There ae some potential pitfalls, like the little 10mm bolt
which holds the upper chai nguide to the cylinder head, but you should be
able to do it with the engine in the car.  Getting the rearmost manifold
nuts off the studs can prove challenging.

10-4 CST doesn't really work for me, since it's during business hours.  (My
boss has a difficult enough time getting hold of me, so your chances are
fewer.)  I can be reached evenings after ~7:30 PM CST (Chicago area) at
(219) 322-1923.  I can help walk you through the process.

Gary