Re: [Roadsters] Stereo/speakers

To: <vulforge@aol.com>, roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Stereo/speakers
From: "robert k. smith" <rksmith46@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 21:51:17 -0400
  hi russell, this advice has to do with the padding you are going to put
on the inside of the roadster. it does absorb sound well, but consider
that you have a convertible. sooner or later you will get water inside,
mabe  by washing it, or being out in the rain. i would not put anything
under the seats(that the seats bolt through). i would think it would be
good to be able dry out the floor of your car, instead of having a soaked
carpet and padding that will take weeks to dry out. the worst floor rust
ive seen on roadsters, were the cars that had the carpet pinned under
the seats. this applies to the footwells, too. you can glue the padding to
the bottom of the carpets, and make them removable, using snaps, like
the original carpets.--- just my opinion.
                                                            best of luck, bob
smith, ohio