Re: [Roadsters] Which radiator should I use

To: "Charles Kyle" <chuckkyle@me.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Which radiator should I use
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 22:58:41 -0500
Chuck,

Gary's opinion:

A properly functioning factory radiator, combined with a 1600 or 2000
roadster properly equipped with pre-emissions ignition parts and set to
pre-emission specifications, will provide sufficient cooling under most all
circumstances.  I believe it is generally less expensive to find and fix
whatever underlying problem is causing the overheating than it is to start
installing aftermarket parts.

I took my original car, a '66 1600/U20, through summer heat in the
California and Arizona deserts without overheating back in the '70s.  In
2008, I drove my (newly-purchased) '67-1/2 2000 through stop-and-go traffic
in downtown LA in the summer heat, and it never went over 190F.

I think Nissan generally knew what they were doing.

I am sure the foregoing will spark plenty of controversy.

Gary