Re: [Roadsters] Which radiator should I use

To: 'Gary and Cindy Ault' <aultgc@att.net>, 'Charles Kyle'
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Which radiator should I use
From: Jerry Krakauer <jsk977@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 08:52:57 -0400
I agree with Gary's opinion.  Even with hard driving, I never had a problem
with the stock radiator in my 67.5 Solex. Even in my early racing days had
sufficient cooling. Only after I stepped it up quite a bit did I encounter
overheating. But that was a doosy, actually melted tracks in the head on two
cylinders between the combustion chamber and water passages at a race at
Bridgehampton. Even then, if I backed off just a bit the temp would come
down; but I was really pushing it...battling for the overall lead with BP
small block Vette. Needless to say, along with the new head came a custom
radiator.  BTW, that old rare non-smog head has served well as a wheel chock
for many years.