Re: OFF Topic - global warming, but with some ON Topic too.

To: Dave Stoll <dgstoll@gwi.net>, Mark Dent <mark@dealermats.com>,
Subject: Re: OFF Topic - global warming, but with some ON Topic too.
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 09:23:33 -0800 (PST)
Global Warming may - or may not - be influenced by
"man's" intervention, but the fact is it has happened
before, and will in all likelyhood happen again.  That
we feel so self-important to take our small "tick" in
time and make ANY sweeping statements about the life
of the planet, just shows how self-obsorbed we humans
can be.

We really cannot do much about it except adapt, just
as the Mammoth Hunters adapted with the retreat of the
glaciers 30,000 years ago.  My house is 12' above sea
level (make that 11), and will one day be under water
- as this place has been before.  It will not happen
in a week, or a year, or a decade, and I think we have
time to adapt to the changes - whatever they will be -
and drive those roadsters into December & January!

Mike SC