Re: Any body on this list? I hope not

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Any body on this list? I hope not
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 13:28:16 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Ebay sellers often have high shipping fees in an attempt to cheat EBAY out of
sellers fees.  EBAY only charges fees based on the sale price of the item.  If
they charge 3% of a $100 sale then EBAY gets $3.  Crafty sellers have started
selling $100 items for $5 and then charging $95 in shipping fees.  That way
EBAY only gets $0.15.  The buyer still pays $100.  It is expressly against EBAY
policy to charge excessive shipping fees.  It is acceptable for people to add
reasonable handling fees to cover their time and materials.  I shipped a
transmission which required me to purchase a heavy cardboard box, some bubble
wrap, and some packing peanuts.  This easily cost me $15 plus my gas and time
to go pick them up and pack it up.

I wouldn't be too upset over $12-$25 shipping fees for small items.  The $95
shipping fee in my example above would lead to me submitting a complaint to
EBAY.

Always be careful and read the sellers shipping policy.  If the shipping fees
are clearly documented then they have a right to leave you negative feedback if
you fail to pay.

Andy