GB EI Distributor problem

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: GB EI Distributor problem
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 07:24:30 -0500
Hi Friends,

As you may have seen, I have problems with my EI Distributor. Leigh Brooks
sent me a pic of his at TDC, advanced 20 degrees (thanks again Leigh). I
took a picture of mine pointing to TDC. If you look at the pictures on
either of the links below, you'll see that the "points" on the stator and
rotor are approx 50 degrees apart. This is why my car tries to run 30
degrees retarded with it installed. Now I know the problem. It appears that
the part around the outside (stator?) is in a different orientation in the
distributor body in mine than it is in Leigh's. I'd sure like some input
about how to deal with this situation. I tried loosening the 3 screws but it
doesn't turn.

I've had the distributor in a box for nearly a year. Time Loreli got some
extra pep in her step!

http://www.myspace.com/whamba1

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/555481393qsuVBT

Matt Smith and Tater the wonder puppy

And of course Loreli (she's a 70' Silver Solex SRL311)