Re: frozen nut on hub assembly

To: mikef@carolina.rr.com, jsylvester3136@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: frozen nut on hub assembly
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:29:03 -0500
I agreee with Mike!!

To add some detail, the ideal tool is an oxy-acetiline torch, set to a good
non-oxidizing flame, and heat the bolt red hot, let it cool, and it will
come out with gentle tapping back and forth...if it does not, then heat and
let cool again.  Start tapping and working back and forth as soon as it
cools below color.  Instead of 3 in 1, go to wal-mart or advance auto, and
get a can of "PB-Blaster"....much better for stuck stuff, and in fact if you
spray on while still hot, it will suck into the threads and help.   Do not
spray on when red hot though!

In a pinch, a propane torch will work, just take a lot longer.  Can you get
a good 6 point socket to fit?  This would be a case where you want to spend
a few dollars to have the right tool....and save time and heartache.

Good Luck!
Jim
Chesapeake Virginia