Re: Peristroika now Trabant

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Peristroika now Trabant
From: "Thomas - Sweden" <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:49:53 +0100 (CET)
They were made from "Duroplast" a strange polyester resin with cotton
fibers. It soaked up water and cracked in the winter. It's difficult to
recycle. I know of a Gas station in Sweden that have a blue Trabant 601
on the roof with the script "KING OF THE ROAD" on the side.

http://digilander.libero.it/cuoccimix/ENGLISH-automotorusse9-I(Trabant).htm

If you want to know more on the Sachsenring "Trabant" cars.

Thomas