Re: old pricing

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: old pricing
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:33:44 -0600
>Jerry Krakauer:

> BTW, I can't believe how cheap, even for the times, that Datsun parts were
> back then. For example:
>
> pistons      $5 each
> head gasket  $7.44
> diff gasket    $0.44
> complete gasket set  $29.46
> motor mounts        $3.88
> water pump $19.95
> rear brake cyl    $5.75
> rear axle         $15.00
> gage, (which one unknown 25070-25600)  $10.02
> rubber shift boot   $10.02
> suspension bumpers  $1.60 each
> competition clutch pressure plate and disk  $61.10
> stock clutch and disk                        $43.00
> comp ft springs    $15 each
> comp rear brake shoes(green stuff)  $36
> new style trans x -member      $5.85
> new style trans mount                $3.50
> comp sway bar                    $28.00
> heater core                        $8.25
> top timing chain                  $5.70(1/68)/13.80(4/72)
> bottom chain                      $5.70
> top tensioner                    $6.26
> bottom tensioner                $5.70
> main bearings                $28.35
> rod bearings                    $14.64
> valve rockers                  $3.25 each
> complete engine rebuild at Sharp  $348.03 parts and labor
>
> forgive the ramblings of an older guy, have a long list of non Datsun
> stuff(roll bar, Detroit Locker etc.) but I'll spare you.

Okay, I'll play, too. I have a number of older "Competition Parts" price
lists, printed before they published the first glossy Comp Parts catalog.
Unfortunately they're in storage along with some early BRE price lists
that'll make you cry, too.

One thing I can check is a nicely mated and framed copy of the two page
March '73 Motor Trend feature on Brock's "Screaming Yellow" 510. There's a
sidebar that lists:

Competition "Spook", w/air Ducts       $40

BRE forged Pistons (set of 4 w/rings)  $123

Trans-Am clutch assembly (single disc
clutch plate, aluminum flywheel &
throwout bearing)                                   $263

5-speed gearbox                                       $450

4:11 limited slid diff.                                 $220

Fiberglas front fenders                            $176

Fiberglas rear flares                                  $33

Fiberglas hood                                           $156

Fiberglas rear deck                                    $130

Cylinder head porting                               $75

American Racing Libres (set - 13 x 7)     $188

Front stabilizer bar kit                              $37

Rear stabilizer bar kit                                $55

I'll take a dozen of each, thank you very much!!  ;>)

Don't we all wish?

Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@hot.rr.com
Ronnie_day@acd.org
Temple, TX
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)