Re: HELP. Clutch Squeal?

To: Aaron Spesard <banzai311@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: HELP. Clutch Squeal?
From: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:49:19 -1000
Aaron:

I suggest the possibility of a bad release (throwout) bearing, in conjunction
with a misadjusted (inadequate clearance) clutch.

If you adjust the slave cylinder "push rod" so that there is some clearance
(1/16th-1/8th") between the rod and the release arm, and the squeal persists in
neutral, then I'm wrong :-).

If squeal disappears, then it's "just" the release bearing, not the tranny.
Bad news, in any event, not solvable by adjustment.  (I say this, just
embarking on my 4th clutch replacement.)

Dave
'68 1600
Kailua-Kona