HELP. Clutch Squeal?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: HELP. Clutch Squeal?
From: "Aaron Spesard" <banzai311@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:23:20 +0000
Driving home last night I began to hear a squeal akin to a belt slipping, or
bearing going out (to me anyway) in my 1600. I've finally figured out that
the sound occurs most loudly when the clutch is disengaged.
It pretty much goes away under hard acceleration, but comes back very loud
when disengaging the clutch and continues to make noise if driving under
2500 rpm. Even with the transmission in neutral, and the clutch engaged, the
squealing occurs, but to a lesser degree. I think it goes away above
3000rpm, but the motor may be too noisy for me to really hear it. Any chance
somebody knows what exactly this is? Any chance it's just an adjustment?

thanks,
aaron

Is your computer infected with a virus?  Find out with a FREE computer virus
scan from McAfee.  Take the FreeScan now!