Re: Side Marker Lights

To: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu>
Subject: Re: Side Marker Lights
From: Marc Tyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 17:52:35 -0600
Dan,
        My side markers were in similar condition.  I sacrificed the bulbs,
knowing they wouldn't come out willingly by twisting the glass globes
off with gloved hands.  I was able to remove the metal portion of the
bulbs with hemostats, wiggling and twisting. Got the rust them passably
cleaned up with a little dremel wire-brush (okay a few of them).  Some
rusty metal primer and "Texas Chrome"  and they cleaned up okay.  This
was for a '70.

Marc t.
On Monday, November 3, 2003, at 04:19  PM, Daniel Neuman wrote:

> My side marker lights look good on the outside but are getting all
> corroded
> on the inside!  The bulbs still work for now but they are so corroded
> in
> their sockets I know I will destroy them trying to remove them.  Y'all
> know
> how concerned I am about keeping my roadster totally stock ;) does
> anybody
> have any ideas about a replacement.  NOS stuff is a bit pricy.  Seems
> like
> the old ford style teardrop rear lights would be about right if they
> came in
> orange.  Maybe they are way to big?
>       Daniel Neuman
>       Oakland CA