Re: halloween costume

To: rrees@digitex.net, datsunmike@nyc.rr.com
Subject: Re: halloween costume
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 12:55:33 EST
In a message dated 01/11/2003 17:19:39 GMT Standard Time, rrees@digitex.net
writes:

> I know that the Roadster is based on the MGB, looks like they got it
> right!!!

So if the roadster was based on the MGB, how come it was launched a year
before the MGB?

There was an MGA imported to England from California with a 1600 motor a few
years back. An MG restorer bought the car,  and I got the engine, carbs and
gearbox for #10 - it was deal of the year.

I know lots of Sprite racers run Datsun/Nissan gearboxes - and they're proud
of the fact they've got a Nissan conversion. Doesn't say much for the A-H
unit.

The Z-car engine is closer to a Mercedes than anything else. PMC in Japan
bought the M-B license in the early 1960s and started building ohc engines,
(with
triple Webers on the 2000GT-A and -B). Nissan then bought out PMC and started
building ohc engines (the U-20 was its first). The Z car motor was then
developed from the 510 motor, with 2 more cylinders.

I think the A-H application is more of a coincidence than anything else. A
6-cylinder engine into the same size of sports car should always make for a
possible swap (Though in England a Jap engine in a British sports car is
probably
a bigger crime than first degree murder ... )

Rob