Re: halloween costume

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: halloween costume
From: SPYDER62@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 12:31:29 EST
In a message dated 11/1/2003 9:19:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rrees@digitex.net writes:
I heard a few weeks ago that the 280Z is a knockoff of the big Healey's,
of course the Japanese did buy the rights. I was told, by a big Healey
owner, that it is such a close knockoff, you can install a Datsun
drivetrain right into a big Healey, and it will bolt up on the original
mounts. Considering that an original oil pump costs over $400, I can see
why many folks go to the Japanese drivetrains.

That's a new one on me, do know that a 1200 will swap into a sprite, it fact
some of the parts interchange. But then a 1200 will out perform a 1275 sprite
anytime. We even went so far as putting a L-16 in a Bug eye Sprite other then
transmission length it went in real good.
 That and a 1600 looks a lot like a MG engine have not done a swap but bet it
would be easy and make for a nice MG B or A in fact.
rich