Re: Summary and question # 2

To: horne@cs.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: Summary and question # 2
From: "ian miller" <datsun661600@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:23:40 -0400
Ok, maybe this is jumping ahead a little, I was going to make this one
question #3, but it need to be addressed now.  After my 30 minute drive on
saturday I parked the car in the garage.  The next morning there eas 1/4 a
quart of gear oil under the car.  My diff has always leaked but apparently
sitting for 4 years then a run down the high way was more than the seal
could handle.  The interesting part is when I checked the diff fluid level
it was still full.  So I checked the tranny thinking the oil had leaked
there and ran down the driveshaft.  Nope tranny was fine and drive shaft was
dry.  I'm assuming the oil on the floor was from the diff it just wasn't
enough for me to notice a change in the fluid level.  So maybe redline will
work to quiet the noise but this could get expensive past putting 1/4 a
quart of redline in everytime I park it.  Can the diff be re-sealed easily,
in the car? The noise I have is very loud, should I be worried abouthte diff
exploding?  Does anyone have a diff in decent condition lying around they
want to sell?

Thanks
Ian

Ian Miller