Re: Summary and question # 2

To: ian miller <datsun661600@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Summary and question # 2
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:20:09 -0500 (CDT)
Ian,

Since you are using a 10Ga. wire between the alternator and the battery
you should be able to connect the white wire to the alternator (in
addition to the wiring that is already there) and you will get a reading
on the ammeter, just lower than what you had with the stock
alternator/wiring configuration. A volt meter would work also, but it
would take more modification to get it connected and mounted. If you
decide to not connect up the white wire I would jump out the ammeter
because you will be running more current through it than it is designed to
handle when you turn on all your accessories (when the ammeter now pegs).
If the ammeter blows you will be stuck with no power on the car, including
ignition, headlights, cooling fan.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 Texas Longhorns, #C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712 USA