Re: Another Wheel Question

To: Jaykp@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another Wheel Question
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 19:49:28 -0700
I'm a bit confused:  are the wheels loose up and down or in and out (as if you
were pushing them up and down or inboard and outboard)?  The 280zx wheels I have
(6 spokes) use that special shouldered nissan lug nut.  The wheel itself also
has
a lip inside that the stud goes through (just big enough for the stud).  If you
don't use the shouldered lug nuts, the wheel will wobble.  I got around that by
using what are known as Craiger washers, basically large, thick washers that fit
around the lug and also provide that shoulder you need (at least at the top).
Also, check and make sure that your lug nuts are not bottoming out on that inner
lip before the wheel tightens... the lug will feel tight but it is not securing
the wheel tight against the drum/or front wheel thingy (can't think of what it
is
called!!)
Greg Burrows