Re: Help with putting timing components back together...

To: Dwight Woodruff <dwoodru1@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Help with putting timing components back together...
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 22:10:48 -0700
Well, like you said in your first email, the jackshaft is keyed, so it can only
go on one way, right?  I don't have my block here right now, but I just went out
and looked at the gears, lining them up along the key way.  Conclusion: ignore
the mark on the small jackshaft gear... it appeared off, and aiming at the next
tooth on the big gear below the mark. Again, it is keyed, so it can only go on
one way.  OH, wait, I think that mark had something to do with the stock chains,
as the original chains had shiny links in them... probably lined up on one of
those shiny links in the chain.  Check your chains for shiny links (new and
old).  Again, as long as you line up the stuff as was written and you set up the
cam as above, then SPIN THE  MOTOR BY HAND and make sure it is still lined up,
you should be OK.  Feel free to email some more if you want/need!
Greg